Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of endoscope testing equipment
What equipment is around to test endoscopes?
DALE301 Rigid Endoscope Tester

This is the manual lens tester to double check defects.
Not very much used in our hospital but it works...
Scopecontrol seems to be a nice tool! Smile

www.dovideqmedical.com
Heard some good stories about that one too....Angel
J.M. (Michel) Vonhof
Medisch Klinisch Technicus
Ziekenhuis St Jansdal Harderwijk

The Dale looks the same as the ELT

http://www.lighthouseoptics.com/medical-...ens-tester

You are right! Big Grin
But honestly, There are some tools to test rigid endoscopes such as the endoscope testing device that Storz has sold for a short moment.
http://www.mtintegraal.nl//images/conten...ph/183.png

Or the one that Lighthouse has made (endobench). But in my opinion these are way to technical for use in hospitals.
I mean, I can operate these devices but they are not as user friendly as the scopecontrol and do not have the nice algorithms.
Especially all the measurements it does and storing all the data is very convenient for tracking and monitoring quality.

Michel@SJD, you already familiar with the scopecontrol?
Well... as a matter of fact we (St Jansdal hospital) were the initiators for the scopecontrol project and are the proud owner of the scopecontrol with serial number 00001
J.M. (Michel) Vonhof

Ah Nice! I think I heard something about that, didn't know it was you!
I've seen scopecontrol on the Medica last year. Hope these guys can manage to set a standard, that would make things easy.
Now already the Scopecontrol has helped us in setting the quality standard high and keep it there. When more hospitals and producers of endoscopes start using the Scopecontrol the better the quality indication will be and the more easy it will be to use the Scopecontrol. Creating a global database will definitely set the standard high!
J.M. (Michel) Vonhof